2008년 1월 20일 일요일

The Road Not Taken

The Road Not Taken
Robert Frost (1874–1963)


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;


Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,


And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.


I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

   


 I heard of this poem previously. I knew this poem is very famous. After I read it, I realized that it was about making a decision. I always felt hard when I am making a decision. This poem appealed to me a lot. I shouldn’t take easy way.

댓글 4개:

Sarah L :
작성자가 댓글을 삭제했습니다.
Ms. Lillo :

I too enjoy this poem. Try to keep ellaborating on your own thoughts. I would have loved to hear more reflections. Did you read this poem for a class before?

Sarah C♡ :

Hi Andrea!
I read this poem, too, and I really liked it. I thought it was easier to understand than other poems because it is straightfoward. I think this poem is about a person trying to choose a path to take which will influence his life greatly. I am very bad at deciding so it takes me ages and ages to make my final decision and that's how I felt connected with the speaker in this poem.

jojo :

what the ...
i just finished to put this poem on my blog as my third one -_-!!!