2008년 1월 25일 금요일

Bear In There

by Shel Silverstein

There's a Polar
In our Frigidaire--
He likes it 'cause it's cold in there.
With his seat in the meat
And his face in the fish
And his big hairy paws
In the buttery dish,
He's nibbling the noodles,
He's munching the rice,
He's slurping the soda,
He's licking the ice.
And he lets out a roar
If you open the door.
And it gives me a scare
To know he's in there--
That Polary Bear
In our Fridgitydaire.

This poem is funny. I think the author regarded the loud sound from a refrigerator as the polar bear's roar. The author’s idea was clever. No one will think the sound from the refrigerator is the bear's roar. I like the vocabularies that the author used, like nibbling, munching, and slurping, etc..Our refrigerator was so old that the sound was extremely loud. So I used to hate the refrigerator noise too.

댓글 2개:

Tiffany Choi :

I also think this poem is very humorous. I haven't read this poem before, so it was very new to me. This poem makes me to kind of imagine of the actual bear with a lot of food, or a refrigerator with a lot of food in there. I like it ! =)

jojo :

the bear seems like someone i know really well...kk
it sounded very familiar to me also for some reason...
i love(exaggerate) this poet... most of his poems are very humous and not boring like many others i have read even though i don read a lot 0_0 LOL bisou~~~